Click any thumbnail to view high resolution, fullsize image w/ details
• Disconnect both negative battery cables.
• Locate the IAT sensor in the upper intake manifold (see fullsize image for reference).
• Release the locking tang then disconnect the electrical connector from the top of the IAT sensor.
Replace the connector (splice in a new pigtail) if it is damaged, distressed, warped, or the locking mechanism is broken.
• Clean the area around the base of the IAT sensor with a clean rag lightly sprayed with solvent (i.e. brake cleaner) so that no dust, debris, or foreign objects fall into the upper intake manifold when the sensor is removed.
• Remove the sensor with a 19 mm deep socket.
• Install the new sensor, starting the threads by hand before snugging down with a ratchet/wrench. Do not over-tighten; the new sensor comes with a thread sealant already applied.
• Reconnect the electrical connector ensuring that it properly secures to the sensor.
• Reconnect both negative battery cables.